In this modern world, there are so many opportunities for those who are looking for a job. A courier delivery boy is one of the career opportunity which you can choose easily. Before going to join as a courier boy, one should know the responsibilities to get the job easily. In India, there are so many courier services and the important ones are listed below:
- Blue Dart
- Professional Couriers
- India Post
Apart from this, there are so many other logistic businesses where you can look for an opportunity. The package of a delivery boy starts from 10K and can go up to 30K based on the experience.
Responsibilities of Delivery Boy
The main responsibility of a courier boy is delivering the shipments to the consignees, public and government agencies. The items need to be handled safely without tampering and breaking. A few years back the scope of the parcels are limited to important documents like passport and now the situation is different. Heavy equipment and machinery are even sent through the logistic companies. With the boom in e-commerce, the requirement for delivery boys has increased a lot. It is the right time to choose a career in courier services. The day to day tasks of the courier person are listed below:
- Under some premium services, the documents have to be collected from the sender home. So the person should visit the sender location and pick the parcels.
- Another important task is to daily visit the branch where you work and collect all the shipments. After that, all those consignments have to be delivered by the end of the day. Undelivered packages have to be returned back to the branch.
- Usually, courier boys deliver the packages only in a particular area. So, the person should be well aware of the routes in the area. Thanks to the mobile technology, it has become very easy to know the routes by using google maps.
- Also, one should have experience in driving different vehicles. In rare cases, you have to distribute a large number of items.
- After distributing the parcels, you should get an acknowledgement from the consignee by getting a signature on the list form.
The logistic companies, blue dart and DTDC has developed an online facility to track the shipment progress. With this, the customers find it easy to know the status and location of the consignment. The delivery boy should also be aware of these tracking features. This will help to resolve any grievances with the customers.